OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We collect personal information from you, including information about you and the deceased:
- Age of deceased, age of spouse and children
- Dates (Including date of birth, marriage and death)
- Email addresses
- Marital Status & Relationships
- Medical Information
We collect your personal information in order to perform the duties and functions of a funeral business including but not limited to:
- Execution of funeral instructions
- Display to family
- Publish details in newspapers and on web sites
- Comply with recognised industry Code of Ethics
- Comply with the Births, Deaths, Marriages, and Relationships Registration Act 1995.
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- The Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages in order to register the death
- Other funeral homes in order to ensure transfer of details and instructions in support of the execution of the funeral instruction
- Contractors (e.g. caters and florists) in order to identify the address for service
- Cemetery and crematorium managers in order to apply for burial or cremation
- Newspapers and Public Websites in order to publish the notice of death
- Debt collectors, when necessary, in order to recover overdue debts.
We keep your information safe by storing it in an encrypted, secure computer system and ensuring access is restricted to our staff only. The system is delivered on a platform known as Knack.
Knack hosts the data stored in our Knack account. That data is strictly our property and is governed by the Knack’s Terms of Service Agreement. The data in our account is not accessible to anyone, unless we make it accessible.
PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK
All communications between our computers and Knack servers are encrypted with an industry-standard Secure Socket Layers protocol. Additionally, all systems are backed up on a daily basis.
We keep your information indefinitely. At this time we do not intentionally destroy client information as it ages. We hold this information in order to provide details to family members on an as-requested basis and to ensure we are able to provide support to Next of kin at future family funerals.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com, or (06) 7575210, or 366 – 374 Devon St East, New Plymouth.