Alert Level 2 allows for up to 100 people to attend a funeral service. Although somewhat restrictive, we can at least still honour our loved ones with the dignity and respect they deserve.
Families are permitted to gather for the funeral, attend the committal service at the Crematorium or Cemetery, and partake in refreshments after the service – providing each venue can accommodate the physical distancing requirements.
Rest assured we work closely with each family to explore the options most appropriate to their particular situation and needs.
Our Health and Safety Plan Summary
We have ensured that:
- We have clear COVID-19 signage throughout our facilities
- We provide adequate hand-washing supplies
- We provide adequate supplies of hand sanitizer, tissues and bins for disposal
- We operate a documented sanitizing process that ensures facilities are cleaned after each use
- We use a Contact Tracing Register that is completed for all arrangements, viewings and funeral services
- Our maximum room occupancy has been defined and is displayed publicly to ensure people can maintain a minimum distance of 1m apart
- We advise people to stay away if they are unwell
We respectfully ask you to:
- Provide your contact details every time you visit the funeral home for a viewing, religious/cultural ritual, or service – we use a QR code based app – or bring your own pen
- Practice good personal hygiene – please use the provided hand sanitizer and tissues
- Follow the Alert Level 2 physical distancing rules – please keep at least 1m between groups
- Please do not attend if you feel unwell